Glen Oak provides complimentary valet parking services at all times the Club is open. Overflow parking for the clubhouse is located across Hill Avenue from the main parking lot.
The Lodge can be accessed from a separate entrance off Spring Ave. Driving west on Hill from the main parking lot, turn left onto Spring Avenue and then turn immediately left again into the driveway to the Lodge. Please note: Vehicles entering the drive have the right of way. This is a one-lane access road. Parking is limited and there is no parking or driving on the grass.
Country club casual attire is acceptable in the Clubhouse.
- Men: Appropriate dress includes slacks, golf shirt, golf or Bermuda-style shorts, other collared shirt, sweater, or dressier.
- Women: Slacks, golf shorts, dress, skirt (appropriate length), blouse, sweater, sport shirt or dressier.
- Children: Should dress in keeping with the guidelines set for adults.
- Men are to remove hats and golf caps when in the clubhouse.
- Tasteful and properly fitted denim may be worn free of holes, fraying or fading.
- Not Permitted: Short shorts or skirts (shorts should be of mid-thigh length or longer), cutoff shorts, cargo shorts, athletic wear, swimwear, swim cover-ups and T-shirts.
Main Dining Room (including 600 Room and Hearth Room)
- Men: After 6:00 p.m. gentlemen are to wear jackets, unless more casual dress has been authorized.
- Women: Skirts, dresses, dress pants & jackets or other similarly appropriate attire.
- Denim is not permitted in the Main Dining Room and Hearth Room. Denim is permitted in the 600 Room only when used for overflow seating from the Mixed Grill.
Guidelines for attire will be provided in the announcement and acceptable dress may differ from our standard policy. If nothing is specifically stated about the event, the standard dress policy will be your guide.
Golf Course Attire
Attire on the golf course for men, women and children is expected to conform to a style generally accepted as appropriate for the golf course. This includes golf shirts, sweaters, golf-style pullovers, mock turtlenecks, jackets, slacks and golf shorts which are similar in style to walking and/or Bermuda shorts of an appropriate and tasteful length. Metal golf spikes are not allowed. Shirts are to be tucked in and hats are to be worn with bills facing forward. Men are to remove hats and golf caps when in the clubhouse.
Inappropriate dress includes: denim, cut-off shorts, cargo shorts, athletic or work-out wear, gym shorts, short shorts, short skirts, T-shirts, swimming attire and tank tops. Shorts should be of mid-thigh length or longer.
Driving Range, Pit and practice greens: Golf course attire should be worn when using these areas by men, women and children.
Aquatic Facility Attire
Swimmers and sunbathers, regardless of age or gender, must wear a proper cover-up as well as shoes or sandals, when moving between the pool area and all areas outside the pool deck. A towel is not considered a cover-up. Tasteful and properly fitted denim is permitted. Swim cover-up and swimwear are not permitted in the clubhouse or on the Veranda or Terrace.
Sportswear suitable for shooting is appropriate. This includes turtleneck and mock turtleneck shirts, fleeces, denim shirts, hunting shirts, shooting vests and jackets. Tasteful and properly fitted denim is permitted.
Inappropriate dress includes: cut-off shorts, athletic or work-out wear, gym shorts, short shorts, short skirts, T-shirts, swimming attire and tank tops.
PACE OF PLAY POLICY
Glen Oak prides itself on a four hour round of golf. If players fail to keep their place on the course and lose in distance one clear hole on those in front, it is recommended that they permit following players to play through. Four hours or less is our goal and allows the maximum time for full enjoyment by all.
Gratuity for coat check and dining wait staff is not necessary, as gratuity is already included in the respective personnel’s compensation. Valet service is complimentary; attendants appreciate a tip at your discretion.
In accordance with the "Smoke Free Illinois Act" (IL95-0017), smoking is prohibited at Glen Oak Country Club.
Please be courteous when using your cell phone within designated areas of the Clubhouse (Oak Room and locker rooms). Ring tones should be silenced, or cell phones should be on vibrate when on Club premises. Members and their guests are urged to limit use of cell phones on the golf course.